Today with my Gideon not feeling great, I remembered one time when Gavin didn't feel great but wasn't sick enough to lie in bed all day. I was sending him to school, as I was getting him ready he said to me, "Just so you know, I am going to the school NURSE and she is going to send me home." I still laugh when I think about how serious he was about going over my head to the school nurse. I told him that I am a nurse too and I say he goes to school and he was persistent about going to the school nurse. He went, she called and said he saw her but she agreed that he could stay at school.
Gideon was acting strange this morning. He kept putting his hands around his eyes and repeating me. I opted to keep him home and give him some Tylenol and Mucinex. Since the medication, he seems to feel better. I hope he isn't developing his skills in playing hookie. He's told me everyday since being sent home from Headstart that he's "SICK." When I am taking him to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment