Thursday, January 19, 2012

And the award goes to...

So, today has been a wonderful day.  Gavin turned 11 today and I had planned pazookies with our family and neighbors.  His party with his friends is next week.  With that being said, I had to bake cookies, get the house ready for company and buy condiments for the pazookies.  After the kids' school, Gavin had choir, then had about an hour until guitar lessons.  Just like any other busy day, we looked up and time was running out.  The lil G's begged to go with me to guitar.  I haven't seen Gavin in a lesson but since Nick was trying to cook and he only got about 3 hours of sleep today, I took the G's with me. 
First mistake, forgot Gunnar's shoes... Second mistake, didn't take a potty break.  Third mistake, dared my 2 year old who is already defiant to pee in his pants.  To my defense there are often times that once I put him in the carseat, he says the magic "I got to go potty" to be let out and then he runs away laughing or he starts climbing all over the three rows in my car laughing because I can't catch him between the carseats and his small stature.  So, when he yelled, "I. NEED. TO. PEE!" and threw a toy at me, I said, "No you don't, you always say that and then you bolt."  He responded with, "NOW!" 

Unfortunately, he has played this card too often and I thought he was crying wolf.  The next thing he said, "YAY, I WENT PEE IN MY SEAT!"  I asked, "Gunnar, did you really pee?  Are you wet?"  He said, "Yep," with a HUGE grin on his face.  The next thing I know, Gideon is holding himself, "I need to go Mommy, I need to go!"  I grabbed a cup and told him to pee in the cup, as I took Gunnar's clothes off.  While putting on a dry diaper (because I didn't have anymore undies in my car), he said, "I toe you."

The worst part of this whole scenario is, I couldn't set him in a wet carseat to drive home.  He had to ride in a seatbelt on the way home and thankfully nothing happened.

So, today, I will accept the Mother of the Year Award.  I would like to dedicate it to the Mom's who think THEY would NEVER do the things their parents did.  The mothers who think their house will NEVER look like a daycare.  And mostly to the moms that think their kids are the best behaved beings that walk.  You too will walk in my shoes one day, and when you do, just laugh.  If you don't, you will probably cry.

We came home with 20 minutes before the pazookies.  They were a hit.  The kids ran around, while the adults talked and had a good time.  Thank God for Gavin, for teaching me patience and that this time is short and to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment