Father's Day, makes me proud of the men closest to me... My Dad, Husband and Brother
My Dad, the meanie that made me learn how to change a tire and my car's oil on my first car, before enjoying the freedom of driving. I remember him telling me, about my car, "this is a machine, not a toy, you can kill someone." Taking the time out of his busy life to talk to me about hard work, savings, insurance and retirement. He's been there through all my hiccups in life, sometimes not saying much but being present. All the times I have been in the hospital, he's been there. Before work, after work, asking questions and being the calm amongst my storm. He's got the calming effect on me, I hope to be this for my boys. He was soccer coach, softball coach, advisor, and still answers when I call him about repairs around the house, my car or kid advice. It's funny to see him with my kids, so different as a grandparent. His eyes light up when they're in the room. He laughs, almost constantly. He talks to each of them, to understand them. He comes to their birthday parties, school events, fundraising for Autism, and recreational sports. If I had to say one word to describe my Dad, it would be PRESENT. He was present in the past, present, and I know I can count on him in the future.
I can't express in words how much Dad means to me. I hope I make him proud, and can be the parent he was to me. I love you Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment