Monday, February 6, 2012

Roller Skating Justin

Last weekend we had Gavin's 11th birthday party.  He chose to have a skate party.  This type of party is hard to entertain the little G's and also include them at the same time.  Thank goodness the grandparents came so we could enjoy ourselves and make sure the lil G's were cared for.

When we got there the lil G's wanted to attempt to skate.  We put little skates on the two of them.  Gunnar was not into it AT ALL.  Gideon, however, was a little more daring with skating.  A friend of mine came to the party, Justin had worked at a skate rink when he was younger and I had no idea he was so good at it.  Justin and me held Gideon's hands and skated him around the rink.  Then, Justin took Gideon by himself and Gideon did quite well.  Soon after, Gideon lost interest and the party carried on.

Last night before going to bed, Gideon put his hands on either side of my face (a way to tell me to give full attention) and said, "What Justin doing?"  I said, "Justin?"  "Who's Justin?"  He said, "Roller skating Justin, I want to talk to him."  So, we called Justin and Gideon froze up while talking to him with a huge grin on his face.  It was as if he was talking to a celebrity.  Justin was so sweet and talked to Gideon and once they hung up Gideon said, "Roller skating Justin is cool."

You never know who, what, or where someone will make a difference.  Thank you Roller Skating Justin, I am glad you came to the party and you have a friend for life in me and Gideon.

1 comment:

  1. Special people attract special people! And I have the pleasure and blessing to know all three of these folks. It is just amazing how they all touch people lives by just being who they are. Excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete